Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I am so, super-overwhelmed. Yes, this is my *great excuse* for not posting my usually scintillating, brilliant (ha) blog entries lately.

I’m teaching an online course right now, I have a new one starting Monday, I have three encyclopedia articles due in a couple of weeks, and I don’t even have the book yet . . . plus, I was asked to develop a new online course, which is ultra top-secret at the moment but leaves me with a lot of writing/research to do. Not surprisingly, I find myself in a *new* training class for yet *another* online teaching platform. I’ve done educator, blackboard, and now I’m using moodle. Next up? WebCT, I’m sure of it. It’s like, the only online course platform I can think of that I haven’t already trained for….

But this is sounding like jibberish. The truth is, I need to post something so I don’t feel so bad for not writing *ANYTHING* creative in the past few weeks. I literally have a middle grades novel sitting on my desktop, collecting dust, unopened. I’m not sure if I’m just so busy that I don’t have time to look at it (but then, that doesn’t explain why I killed 30 minutes with continuous games of solitaire the other day), or if I’m just not interested in the book. Or MAYBE, I’m so busy with this educational stuff that I just don’t *feel* like writing right now, and I need things like movies and solitaire to take my mind off how busy I am.

Either way, it’s all an excuse. Surely I can find fifteen minutes a day to write, right?

Erg. MAYBE I should just stop saying I’ll do things that I don’t have time to do . . . but then, everything I’ve mentioned above is a great opportunity in its own right . . . so I really don’t want to say *no* to anything….

Unfortunately, the writing is suffering, people.

Maybe I should clone myself . . . surely if there were two of me running around things would get done, right?

Of course, I’d probably just keep on adding projects so that me and my clone were booked solid, stressed, and overwhelmed….

(Sigh) And here I am writing a blog entry. :)

Oh well, it’s better than solitaire….

Have a great week, everyone!

Love,
~Leigh~

P.S. “New Moon” (the Twilight sequel) is on its way . . . (happy sigh) I love me some Edward.

No comments: