Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We are having the best week ever!

Monday was a national holiday so that meant a day off, and then early this morning the snow fell. And fell. And fell. And I know by the end of it all we only got like, 3-4 inches, but let me tell you: around here (Eastern NC) this is a BIG DEAL. I mean, I haven’t seen snow actually cover the ground in like, five or six years. Today was monumental, really. And because I live in the South, and we rarely get any kind of snow accumulation, no one can handle it; no one can drive in it . . . which ultimately means the town shuts down for two whole days.

In fact . . . one of the headlines on my paper’s website is: “Heavy Snow Causes Chaos in (our) Area.” People are being urged to stay off the roads, because everyone who tries to drive, well, crashes.

Wednesday is officially a “State of Emergency” here, as safe driving will be near-impossible. And if things re-freeze overnight on Wednesday . . . we will have a three-day snow holiday!

Okay. I work from home, so I don’t have to go anywhere, but I’m happy for all of the teachers and kids who get another snow day . . . and for me, because even though I have a truckload of papers to grade, I fully intend on heading back outside tomorrow, even though I was v. v. cold today. I mean, a 14 degree wind chill factor? That is frigid, people.

And don’t say I’m a wuss, because I can handle 98 degrees and 100% humidity. I live it EVERY July. So There.

This is me (yay!) FREEZING:



Have a great week! Enjoy your weather . . . no matter where you are!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice picture. Happy to hear that you are enjoying yourself!

Can't wait for the release of your book! :)

Steph said...

I don't know how you can stand snow. I *haaaaate* it :P

But like Tempestt said, nice to see you're enjoying yourself :)

Steph