Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So I had the best weekend ever, right? Wanna know why? Because a little birdie dropped an early birthday present into my lap. (Re-reading I realize how this *could* be taken out of context . . . but it was a good present, I assure you.)

It’s a v. v. v. early present, because my birthday is actually in June. The only reason I got it was because I just so happened to check the mail first and I generally have no qualms about opening the guy I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online’s mail: especially when I’m not warned that something special is coming my way.

I just want to say that you know you’ve married a good one when he emails your favorite author in the whole world to ask for her autograph for you. (This isn’t the first time he’s done this: I have Meg Cabot’s, too.)

And for the record, he wasn’t mad I discovered it early. In fact, I guarantee had I not gotten to it first, he would’ve given it to me within 24 hours (He is the eternal early gift giver: one year I had nothing to open on Christmas Day, because he’d already given me everything in the weeks before.)

So today I’m announcing to the blogosphere, that I married the best dude ever . . . and not only because I said it, but because YA Royalty, Sarah Dessen, said it:




Also, I finally finished my latest YA Work in Progress. It kept getting longer and longer and I didn’t think I’d ever finish, but it’s done. It’s still untitled, but it’s done. Will start revising (possibly cutting huge chunks out) v. soon (after I’ve regained consciousness).

In other news, a little birdie has also mentioned that a certain group of spring releases may be available on Amazon in the coming days. Will post details/links the moment I have them.

And finally: Thank you to the fabulous Lauren on Lauren’s Crammed Bookshelf for giving One Wish a shout-out!

http://laurenscrammedbookshelf.blogspot.com/2009/02/waiting-on-wednesday-week-12.html

She is the coolest!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: