Monday, March 2, 2009

A garbage truck came through at 6:45am today. The noise woke up my child, who then woke me.

In my house, we enjoy our sleep. NO ONE is up at 6:45. If at all possible, baby girl and I sleep until 9:00. (I know. Some of you are like, “Wah wah you poor thing I was up at 4am feeding the goats. . . .” Whatever. I work from home, and we all stay up late at night therefore we are allowed to sleep in.)

Still, I’ve come to dread Mondays more than usual, because not only is it my busiest grading day, but I’m running on 5-6 hours of sleep. Not good.

On top of that, half the state got slammed with snow, and what do we get? 48 hours of torrential downpour that flooded my yard and tiny, insignificant flurries that aren’t even sticking. They’re adorable, but come on! How about some accumulation?

UGH! AND I have to go to the grocery store. I think I’m going to make a chocolate pudding pie and wallow in all my Mondayness.

The irony is (sorry, back to the garbage truck thing) they aren’t even picking up MY trash!! I’m up at the crack of dawn, and I *still* have to take my trash down the road to the dump. (Sigh.) I will be glad for Tuesday.

(And Wednesday, because Cynthea Liu will be on the blog!)

I hope your Monday has been *fabulous*.

(Oh! The flurries are falling faster! Yay!)

No comments: