Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NYC Post! (Finally!!)

Okay, I know, I’m pathetic. I still haven’t blogged about my NYC trip. In short? We all had a blast.

On Friday night we went to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa). We spent a few hours browsing (weaving through the crowds) and glimpsing works of the masters. Baby girl recognized a painting from her “Baby Art” video, so we snapped a photo. The guy I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online got to see the photography floor, so he was happy. The “Mom” (who is an art teacher) gave us the “unofficial tour.” My favorite?

The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali
(I’ve actually always called it Melting Clocks, though)
















When we were done we headed to Burger Heaven, and yes, their burgers really were Heaven.

On Saturday while I was at BEA the fam went to the Museum of Natural History and Central Park. That night:

Shopping on 5th Avenue!!

Yes, we went into Sak’s, which was WAY CRAZY!! I was actually browsing around when I saw this glorious white scarf that I would’ve LOVED to own. Picked up the price tag: $1400.00.

I am so sorry, but that decimal is in the WRONG place. Fourteen Hundred Dollars for a SCARF!! It was beautiful, though. Not three car payments beautiful, but beautiful enough.

My mom kept hissing at me to stop touching things. (Like I was 7 and not 27, duh!)

We saw Rockefeller Center, and NBC Studios, and wouldn’t you know there was a crowd standing outside the Rainbow Room. Turns out Prince Harry was in town. His black SUV was parked out front; it was roped off, with a dozen guys in suits and earpieces swarming around.

I stood there for about 30 minutes to get this:

















I know. He was in a rush. There was no “shaking of the hands.” It’s him, though, in the khakis and black blazer. I know it, because I was there. If it was his brother I may have fainted, because yes, at one time I really thought that if I wrote him a letter he would fall in love with me and I could be a Princess (but that’s a whole ‘nother story).

On Sunday we went to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, which were both very cool. Then we went to the World Trade Center Museum (which made me want to cry) and Ground Zero.

Afterwards we went to the Toys R Us in Times Square, where the guy I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online ran into Phil Vassar (a singer whose name I didn’t know but songs I did). He was shopping with his kids.

We also went to Macy’s where I saw a GORGEOUS necklace within my budget that I didn’t buy and I’m now kicking myself over. I can’t find it online or in Raleigh. Grr! I am cursing the “rational” part of my brain that said I don’t need to buy everything I see. I wanted that necklace. And now it’s gone forever. ANGST!

I did get something else, though. The guy I’m sorta married to but yada yada yada bought me a “Happy Book Signing” gift in the form of Louis Vuitton.











You can tell I’m not used to carrying around tiny pieces of leather that are hundreds of dollars, because I haven’t taken it out of the pouch it came in, and it’s tucked away safely in my purse. I’m too nervous to actually use it. It’s awesome though, and I like to talk about it, I um, just don’t pull it out v. much.

(Blog Hijack! If you have a moment, you should head to the Louis Vuitton website. The guy advertising their Father’s Day collection is smokin’ hot.)

So that was our trip in a nutshell. It was a busy weekend, and there were so many things we could have done but didn’t have time for. We are definitely heading back, though, because although I’m a country girl at heart, a taste of big city life never hurt anyone.

Have a Great Day!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: