Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cyn Balog is Here!

Hi Everyone!

I have another interview for you! Today I’m talking to Cyn Balog, who is celebrating the release of her debut novel: FAIRY TALE.

You know the routine:

About Fairy Tale

Morgan Sparks and Cam Browne are a match made in heaven. They've been best friends since birth, they tell each other everything, and oh yeah- they're totally hot for each other. But a week before their joint Sweet Sixteen bash, everything changes. Cam's awkward cousin Pip comes to stay, and Morgan is stunned when her formerly perfect boyfriend seems to be drifting away. When Morgan demands answers, she's shocked to discover the source of Cam's distance isn't another girl- it's another world. Pip claims that Cam is a fairy. No, seriously. A fairy. And now his people want Cam to return to their world and take his rightful place as Fairy King.

Determined to keep Cam with her, Morgan plots to fool the fairies. But as Cam continues to change, she has to decide once and for all if he really is her destiny, and if their "perfect" love can weather an uncertain future.

(Hijack: Doesn’t this sound yummy?)

About Cyn Balog

Cyn Balog is a normal, everyday Jersey Girl who always believed magical things can happen to us when we least expect them. She's also the Race & Event Manager for several national fitness magazines. She lives outside Allentown, Pennsylvania with her husband and young daughter. Both are 100% human, or so she thinks. FAIRY TALE is her first novel.

(Another Hijack! Cyn also is also celebrating the birth of a new baby girl! Congrats Cyn!)

On to the Interview!

Me: Without giving away too many spoilers, what is your favorite part of the novel/what was the part you had the most fun writing?

Cyn: I have a lot of fun writing dialogue, especially when two characters are trading witty jabs at one another. I seem to do it in every book I write because I like coming up with sarcastic comebacks!

Me: I love snarky comments! My best writing stems from characters who are yelling at each other. Go figure. What kind of writing projects are you currently working on? Or, if you aren't working on anything new, is there a different demographic/genre you wouldn't mind tackling in the future?

Cyn: SLEEPLESS, coming from Delacorte in 2010, is about a Sandman who falls in love with a mortal girl whose sleep he controls. It's another YA paranormal.

Me: That sounds amazing! I saw the cover on your blog: I *heart* it!! And finally: Who is your writing hero and why?

Cyn: Judy Blume-- I grew up with her and I think it was reading her books that made me want to be a writer. I didn't have any real-life mentors growing up, so I think I just wanted to be Judy.

Me: Awesome!

Readers . . . You can visit Cyn at her home on the web: http://www.cynbalog.com

And . . . FAIRY TALE is officially on sale. You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Lust-Cyn-Balog/dp/0385737068/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225896455&sr=8-1

Cyn will be chatting with Sarah Cross tomorrow at: http://sarahcross.livejournal.com/

Thank you so much for stopping by, Cyn! (And take a break, will ya?) :)

No comments: