Friday, August 21, 2009

Fact On Friday

Here is your random fact on Friday:

When I was fourteen years old, I decided I wanted to have a quinceañera.

(This is an important rite of passage and religious ceremony in Hispanic cultures in which a young girl becomes a young woman. It is celebrated on her fifteenth birthday.)

I am the first to admit that I didn’t quite know what a quinceañera was at the time. All I saw were beautiful dresses, monstrous cakes, dates, and dancing. . . . (sigh) It was my fantasy.

It didn’t matter that I wasn’t Hispanic . . . or Catholic. . . .

Um, yeah. I was never quite able to talk Mom into that one. . . .

That’s probably a good thing.





Oh, who am I even kidding? I’d *so* have this dress on right now if I could get away with it. . . .

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: