Friday, November 30, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 30

That’s it! As of about 9:00 last night, the NaNo novel was finished, submitted and I was declared an official winner. YAY! My final word count was like, I don’t know 50,500 or something. So it’s done . . . it’s “the end” . . . but not really.

Because here’s the *brilliant* idea I had while writing it. It’s going to be the first in a three-part series. This book was about an eleven-year-old girl named Kimi (and all of her issues) and I’ve decided to continue the story, but pick up with friend number two. So the next book will begin from Trina’s perspective, and start where Kimi left off. And the third book, well, that’s going to cover the final friend, and pick up where Trina leaves off. Very neat, right? Yeah, I’m going to be kinda busy. But this time I’m not going to stress about finishing it in 30 days, and I’ll probably start on the second book in January. After the current one is edited, it’s heading to my literary agent so we can figure out what to do/where to send it.

I thought it might be fun to recap the month. In addition to hard work, dedication, perseverance, headaches and overall anxiety, this is what it took to get my NaNo Novel completed:

9 pieces of chocolate
9 pieces of chocolate/peanut butter fudge
7 pieces of Halloween candy:
6 bowls of ice cream
3 pieces of Chocolate cake
3 Dr. Pepper floats
1 Orangeade
1 Brownie
. . . and a partridge in a pear tree

Oh, and one celebratory Dr. Pepper float today . . .

So, as of this moment I’m *officially* on vacation. I’m going to work on editing my two latest books in December (but not stress out about them), watch a lot of Christmas movies, and eat more chocolate. This page won’t be updated for a while (I might try something new for the spring—just before the book comes out, but we’ll see). In the meantime, I’ll still be a frequent flyer to myspace (
http://www.myspace.com/leighbrescia ), and updating my blog there, (just not every day).

And, as if being a writer in November wasn’t crazy enough, I should mention that I’ve always wanted to write a screenplay. Guess what I found?
http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

One Screenplay - 30 days - April 1, 2008

See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sniff sniff...