Friday, November 9, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 9

Okay, so now I’m over two days behind. I haven’t been as productive as I should be. I’d like to think that’s going to change, but I’m not so sure. I’m taking off this afternoon to color my hair. I know, priorities right? And I thought I’d do some writing tonight, but the last item on “my list” officially arrived today. It’s a DVD. And I know that tonight around 10:00 I’m going to feel compelled to watch it.

See, I wrote a few days ago about my list and the fact that things were mysteriously beginning to arrive in the mail for me. No mystery, it’s the DHINSTTA (darling husband I’m not supposed to talk about) who discovered the list I’d made of the things I wanted to buy with the second half of my book advance (shameless plug here: One Wish, spring 2008). It wasn’t a lot—just some books I’ve been dying to read, a few DVD’s and some piano music. Well, it all came this week; ALL of it. Surprise!

And so right now I’m enjoying new movies, John Green’s “Looking for Alaska,” and this great pile of books that will take me well into the New Year.

I’m not getting anything for Christmas, though, or so he says.

Time: 2:25pm

0: number of times I’ve checked my school email
(Because I found out last night I passed!)
1: celebratory Dr. Pepper float
2: pieces of chocolate/peanut butter fudge consumed
(Which are now officially gone)

11,708: number of NaNo words written
38,292: words to go

No comments: