Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My legs are on fire.

Today . . . we went to the beach! I’m so glad . . . I think it’s been a year since I’ve seen the ocean, and, for someone who LIVES and BREATHES water . . . that’s just . . . too long.

So, we packed up and spent about two and a half hours today playing at the beach. We had a great time! The tide was going out, so we found tons of awesome seashells. I even found a sand dollar (!!) which is nothing short of amazing since I’m usually bringing home fairly homely, half-broken shells just to say I found something.

Now that I’ve rinsed off the sand and settled down, I’ve discovered my legs are on fire. That’s because they’re burnt. Yeah, I know. I lathered on the sunscreen as quickly as possible, which wasn’t quickly enough for my now three year old baby girl, who just . . . couldn’t wait another minute to jump in the surf.

The saddest thing is that the sunburn is interspersed with tanned fingerprints on the backs of my legs, where it’s obvious I attempted to lotion, but just didn’t quite make it. I’ve hit the aloe, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a long night.

Worth it though! The ocean is *always* worth it.

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: