Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!

You should know that I have a very expensive book habit. I never get to the library, and I’m the kind of person who, as an author, feels if I’m gonna read a book, I should give the author the sale. (As a writer I’m somewhat sensitive to things like advances against royalties.)

I don’t buy a lot of stuff for myself (my favorite pair of shoes I’ve worn for like, three years, and my favorite necklace I made myself . . . get me?), so I depend on holidays and birthdays and relatives and gift cards to feed my book-buying habit.

Thankfully, the guy I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online totally came through for me this year, buying twelve books on my “To Read” list (for twelve days of Christmas, maybe?

Three he gave me early: the last Twilight book (Breaking Dawn), which was incredible, as always; Life of a Teenage Siren by Wendy Toliver, which I sped through and was such a cute story; and Second Virginity by Sara Hantz.

The others he bought:

The Luxe (Anna Godbersen)
Nineteen Minutes (Jodi Picoult)
Read my Lips (Teri Brown)
You had me at Halo (Amanda Ashby)
Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Stephanie Hale)
Suite Scarlett (Maureen Johnson)
Violet in Private (Melissa Walker)
Paper Towns (John Green)
Someday my Prince Will Come (Jerramy Fine)

He also pre-ordered Along for the Ride (Sarah Dessen) which will be released in June. Yay!

My “To Be Read” pile runneth over! This should get me to March . . . maybe.

This holiday season I’m thankful for wonderful YA writers who not only keep me entertained, but who are my teachers, mentors (whether they know it or not), and friends, and a certain dude not to be mentioned who willingly feeds my book addiction.

I’m also thankful for a great group of Debutantes . . . because 2009 is fast approaching, and is already looking like one crazy year (www.feastofawesome.com).

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: