Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You know you need to watch what you say when you’re tucking your pre-schooler in at night and she tells you to “Dream about John Green.”

No joke. A few nights ago I had a dream that I went to a J.G. book signing. Obviously, BEA has been on my mind lately, I just read Paper Towns, and I am an original Nerdfighter (as in Brotherhood 2.0 from the beginning) so this really doesn’t come as a surprise.

And so I mentioned my dream in the car to the guy I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online. I had a dream. It was about a book signing. John Green was there. It was random. And funny. Whatever. (He rolled his eyes anyway.)

Clearly someone else was listening in the back seat, though. So I laughed when, a few days later, baby girl told me that she: “Had a dream about John Green and it was funny.” Of course it cracked me up. But tonight took it to an entirely new level. . . .

“Dream about John Green,” she said. And then . . . “He writes books.”

Thanks for the tip, baby girl. I’ll do my best, though I’ve learned that you never dream about the things/people you want to. . . . I might never be that lucky again. . . .



(www.sparksflyup.com)

Although . . . Leo is gracing my TV set as I type this, just as he graced my walls when I was in Jr. High. (Sigh) One can always hope.

1 comment:

Janet Gurtler said...

I dreamt about John Green one night too. That's so funny about your daughter though.