A few things on this beautiful Monday morning . . .
1. It’s already a sunny 72 degrees outside (the high for today is 90). I am *loving* it!
2. I am surrounded by boxes. We are packing and moving into what will be our first house. More rooms, more storage, windows that open . . . I’m v. excited.
3. I had a great release week; now it’s time to get back to work. (Those of you who pre-ordered from Amazon: do not fret! Orders will begin filling soon!) I’m kind of torn at the moment. Though I haven’t even finished revisions on my last WIP, I’ve already decided to write a new book this summer. The problem is I don’t know which story to tackle first. There are two novels I’ve previously written that I want to re-write, but this weekend I got an entirely new idea.
4. The new idea would be an urban fantasy, which I’m intrigued by but obviously a genre I’ve never written. My characters (though unnamed) are already carrying on conversations in my head. I’ve started researching the subject a bit. I’ll have to make a decision soon: work on my previous projects or see if I can do something with the new idea.
5. It would be nice to clone myself. I’d send one of me to pack boxes, the other me would grade papers, and I could finish revisions and get to work on my new project.
6. I’m having serious website issues. It will be a while before I get it up. (Would be great to have a fourth clone to handle the headache that has been designing and uploading my web presence).
7. Here is my 2009 Debs Blog Tour schedule for the week:
Week of April 26-May 2
4/26 Heather Duffy-Stone http://heatherduffystone.blogspot.com
(Find out more about Zoe, Wrenn’s best friend!)
(Why I had to pray that my hair wouldn’t fall out!)
4/28 Deva Fagan http://www.devafagan.com
(My favorite fairy-tale)
4/29 Cheryl Renee Herbsman http://blog.cherylreneeherbsman.com/
(Learn more about my favorite place to write)
4/30 Danielle Joseph http://daniellejoseph.livejournal.com
(Find out what inspired me to write One Wish)
5/2 Cyn Balog http://cyn2write.livejournal.com/
(The first piece of fiction I ever wrote)
8. And finally, I stole this from Tina over at the Buzz Girls Blog, because *everyone* should stop what they’re doing at least once a day for a song and dance break.
Have a great day!!