Saturday, April 11, 2009

Twilight

I finally watched the Twilight movie this week. In one word: Amazing. In fact, I’d have to say that it has squeaked into my top five favorite movies of all time.

The whole books into movies thing throws me sometimes. Generally, if I read the book first, I like it better than the movie version (Nick and Nora’s, How to Deal, etc.) but when I see the movie first and read the book later, I tend to prefer the movie version (i.e. A Walk to Remember, The Wizard of Oz).

Twilight is probably the first book to movie I’ve seen where both the story and the movie version are equally appealing. I’d love the movie even if I hadn’t read the books, and well, I already think the books are fabulous, so no surprise there.

Strangely, everything I saw in the film was almost exactly how I pictured it when I was reading. That rarely ever happens. I can’t wait for the next movie installment, and you know, if Stephenie Meyer wants to continue the story past Breaking Dawn, I wouldn’t be terribly upset. :)

No comments: