Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Rant

Okay, I usually don’t use my blog as a forum or podium or place to rant and force my personal opinion on the masses. I generally like to keep it personal, nearly irrelevant, and only pseudo-angsty (when necessary), but I can’t go another day without commenting on this: Did anyone else read the Megan Fox article where she’s discussing her weight?

Here’s the link: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/access-hollywood-megan-fox.html

Here’s the passage (and quote) that bothered me: “And though Megan is just 23, the actress tried to create the body of a much older woman for her role in Diablo Cody's upcoming horror movie, ‘Jennifer's Body,’ - the body of an almost dead woman. “‘I decided I would turn myself into a zombie,’ she said of her body, which dwindled down to just 99 pounds while shooting the film that is due out in September. ‘I got super, super skinny, stayed out of the sun for four months, and got to where I was losing my eyelashes and my eyebrows.’”

Um, all I have to say about this is: What?? And here’s the link to another interview (also released this week):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article2415333.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Film

Which says: “Stunning Megan admits her weight fluctuates thanks to her unhealthy lifestyle, but she makes a concerted effort to chub up before working with MICHAEL BAY. She said: ‘Mike doesn’t like really skinny actresses. He’s been traumatised by them for some reason in the past. So I always try to put on eight to ten pounds before, and I’m always the fattest I’ve ever been when making a Transformers movie.’ She added: ‘Anyway, my weight fluctuates constantly - I don’t really take good care of myself. I just sort of exist and survive.’”

Again. WHAT?

Gear up ladies, because Megan Fox is the new "chubby." And the fact that I *was* going to post a picture of her but couldn’t find one where she was fully dressed speaks volumes.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that this is exactly what’s wrong with society, and then I’m going to vomit. If getting so skinny that my eyebrows fall out is sexy, I think I’ll pass.

That is all.

No comments: