Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Alpha Dogs

As promised!

Pictures of our new doggie . . . whose name is . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . BAILEY!



Only, I tend to add “dog” to any dog name. My miniature dachshund, Trixie, was lovingly referred to as “Trixie Dog.” And so sometimes Bailey is “Bailey Dog.”

Sometimes she is “No! No! Bad Dog!”

And sometimes she is: “BAAAAAAIIIIIILLLEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!”

She’s a sweet puppy. We brought her home just before Christmas, and she’s around four months old. We aren’t sure what, exactly, she is. She has a Boxer face, but Beagle ears and body. She *loves* to track. And she’s great with people.

We’re still on the learning curve. We’ve had a few accidents on the floor, and I’ve never seen a dog eat and poop this much. Of course, Trixie was smaller than Bailey full grown, and Bailey is still very much a baby. I’ve no idea how big she’s going to get, but I’m sure, at some point, we will need a new crate.

Still, as long as she remembers that I’m the alpha dog, we’ll get along okay. She has “crack” moments . . . where she runs around the room, jumps on the couch, and soars off the back (which we are trying to discourage). And we had a run-in the other day with some crows. The crows were outside and Bailey was inside, but that didn’t seem to matter.

Even though she was with a “foster” mom, I think she’s much happier in her forever home. (And will continue to be . . . as long as she remembers I’m Alpha.)

Here we are together. No matter how much I played with my photo editing software, I could *not* get rid of her shiny blue eyes naturally. So . . . this is Super Pup, with hypno-vision.



“You will give me a treat,” she says. “You will. . . .”

Then I say: “You will sleep past 5:30 in the morning. No one in this house has to get up until 8:30. You will start sleeping later. . . . You will.”

She also snores. How perfect is that? We’re kindred spirits.

But I’m Alpha. Really. Alpha. Dog.

Have a great day, everyone!!

Love,
~Leigh~

1 comment:

cleemckenzie said...

Keep telling yourself that you're the Alpha Dog, Leigh and pretty soon you'll really believe it; I'm not sure about Bailey, however.