Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Ah. The first day of the New Year. Don’t you love how January 1st brings its own clean slate? It’s the perfect opportunity to try something new and abandon old habits. I sometimes make a list. . . . I haven’t yet, though. I need to think.

First, a recap of this past year:

In 2009 . . .

I was hired to teach full-time in my degree field (which is such a blessing because I do have a little thing called student loans to pay back).

I wrote/revised two new YA manuscripts. Writing two books a year seems like a good goal. It’s manageable, at the very least.

I moved into a beautiful new house.

We lost a dog early in the year, and then a cat, but we gained a new little shelter doggy who is sleeping in her crate right now. (I promise to post pics soon. PROMISE!!)

My first novel for young adults, ONE WISH, released in April.

We went to New York City!!

I read more books than any other year (most of which were debut novels and ARCs snatched from the book conventions I attended).

So in all, it was a fabulous year. Yeah, I was way busy, and a lot of things slid to the back burner. But I managed the best I could.

In 2010 . . .

I should probably work out more. Yeah. I should.

I’ve decided that I want to get more massages. Even just once a month. They’re so great.

I’d love to sell another book.

I’d love to write another book.

Keep Reading (obviously).

Hmm. . . . This is really all I have time for these days. . . . If something has to go, though, it will definitely be the work out.

I hope you have a safe and Happy New Year!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: