Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stacey Jay is Here!

Another late post. I swear, I feel so Made of FAIL lately. Head is above water with the day job—but just barely. Revisions of last ms are completed. I am *trying* to take a month off from writing, but wouldn’t you know that a new story is already brewing. . . .

Can’t stop it! I swear!

In the meantime, I have another Debs interview for you! Stacey Jay is BACK and she’s BIGGER and BADDER and she’s celebrating the release of her latest: UNDEAD MUCH?

ABOUT UNDEAD MUCH?

Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues...

A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.

Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…

Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.

I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted.

ABOUT STACEY JAY


Stacey Jay is a workaholic with three pen names, and a sick sense of humor. She loves creepies, crawlies, and of course, romance. What would a zombie novel--or any novel--be without kisses that make your toes tingle?

Stacey has been a full time writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, and waiter.

On to the Interview!

Me: What was the inspiration/where did you get the idea for this latest story, and when did you realize it could become a novel?

Stacey: I was asked to do a sequel to YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME and I immediately knew I wanted to do a bigger, badder, darker book. I wanted the zombies to be scarier, the romance romancier, and the stakes much higher. UNDEAD MUCH? grew from there.

Me: (lol) That’s a great way to get started! Now that you’re a seasoned author, if there is one thing you could go back and tell your “debut author” self, what would it be?

Stacey: I still don't feel as "seasoned" as I probably should, but I would tell my debut author self to take her time a little more. It's okay to be late occasionally in the name of getting that sentence/paragraph just right.

Me: Good advice! I’m always looking for new ways to tackle revisions. What is your tried and true revision strategy and why does it work?

Stacey: Dive in, fight the waves, gasp for air, choke and spit, vow that you shall not be sucked to the bottom, keep swimming until you get to small patch of land and...yeah. I have no idea how they get done half the time. Revisions are hard. I just tackle them piece by piece and try not to get too overwhelmed!

Me: That sounds like a good plan, and the best we can do, in some cases.

Readers . . . You can visit Stacey at her home on the web: http://www.staceyjay.com

And . . . UNDEAD MUCH? is officially on sale. You can buy it here:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Much-Megan-Berry-Book/dp/1595142738/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

Thank you so much for stopping by, Stacey!

No comments: