Sunday, April 4, 2010

Random Thoughts . . . On Spring

It’s finally spring! YaY!!!

(throws confetti)

1. We had this long, surreal, cold winter. Freezing temps (for North Carolina) and three, yes, THREE separate snowfalls. (This is especially surreal, because we’ve gone some years without a single flurry). It was too cold for me, so this 70 and 80 degree weather is just what I ordered.

2. I played golf for the first time this year on Thursday. It’s been a while . . . I don’t think I played at all last year because of my work schedule. I decided to take a day off, though, and head out with the DH to play a round. It was a great afternoon, and while I’m kind of pathetic at golf, I’m glad it’s something we both enjoy and can do together. It was pretty warm outside, though, which leads me to . . .

3. I am *so* sunburned. It started on Thursday. I wanted to even out my farmer’s tan, though (and get rid of the glove line on my left hand), so I went out for about an hour yesterday (Saturday) to read on my back deck. One hour was all it took. I’m so SPF 8 for the remainder of the season, and I’m glad vampire pale is in. It sure beats this magenta hue I have going on right now.

4. There is pollen EVERYWHERE! When you look outside, there’s this yellow haze in the air. It’s on the trees and the roads and the cars. I’m thankful I don’t have allergies. I’m sorry for those of you who do, because it’s bad, I know. We could use a good rain shower; at least everything would return to its normal color.

5. One of my favorite flowers is wisteria. I *love* them. I actually used them in my wedding because they remind me of grapes, and I was marrying an Italian-American, and, well, they’re just so darn pretty. They come with the pollen, so I’m enjoying our drives through the country right now, because the vines are everywhere.



6. We spent time with the family today coloring Easter eggs. Cheers to my brother, who just turned 24 and wins the award for the deepest, darkest eggs, because he was the only one patient enough to wait thirty minutes for the dye to take. Cheers to my grandma, who stops by every year to help us hide/find eggs. Undoubtedly, we always spend more time looking for missing eggs than anything. Today, we got to 11, and there were five missing. I don’t know how many times we circled that yard, trying to remember where they were hidden. We always get to the point where we decide that we’ll smell the egg in a few days, anyway, so it really doesn’t matter . . . but then, miraculously, all the eggs appear.

Good Times. :)

No comments: