Saturday, March 27, 2010

Kimberly Derting is Here!

Hi Everyone!

Today I’m welcoming Kimberly Derting to the blog! Kim is a Deb/Tenner who is celebrating the release of her debut novel: THE BODY FINDER!

Sounds cool, right? Without further ado. . . .

About The Body Finder

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find the dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.

About Kimberly Derting

Kimberly lives in the Pacific Northwest, which is the ideal place to be writing anything dark or creepy...a gloomy day can set the perfect mood. She lives with her husband and their three beautiful (and often mouthy) children, who serve as an endless source of inspiration for her writing.

On to the Interview!

Me: Without giving away too many spoilers, what is your favorite part of the novel/what was the part you had the most fun writing?


Kimberly: For me, I loved writing the parts from the killer’s point of view. It was fun to get inside his head…at least for a little while.


Me: What kind of writing projects are you currently working on? Or, if you aren't working on anything new, is there a different demographic/genre you wouldn't mind tackling in the future?

Kimberly: I recently sent a new super-secret manuscript to my agent. My agent says she loves it so…*fingers crossed*. I also have notes for two more books in the The Body Finder series because I would love to spend some more time with Violet and Jay!

Me: OOOH! I love super-secret manuscripts! Finally: who is your writing hero and why?

Kimberly: Definitely Stephen King! I’ve mentioned him so much lately that I wouldn’t be surprised if I receive some sort of internet stalking restraining order from his people at some point in the near future. Seriously though, he has always had a way of pulling readers into his stories and never letting go, which is what made me want to be a writer.


I know what you mean. I’m forever talking about Sarah Dessen, and I’m afraid I’ll be told to stop. Great pick!

Readers . . . You can visit Kimberly at her home on the web: http://www.kimberlyderting.com

And . . . THE BODY FINDER is officially on sale. You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Finder-Kimberly-Derting/dp/0061779814/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236005824&sr=8-1

Thank you so much for stopping by, Kimberly! Happy Debut!

No comments: