Sunday, May 2, 2010

High School Reunions

So I went to my ten-year high school reunion last night, and I have to say: it was a lot of fun. I went to a small, private school, and there were only 26 of us in our graduating class. I think thirteen of us started the school in Kindergarten together. . . . Basically, I’ve known some of these people forever, and they’re really great.

In some ways: my high school experience was standard—I did and said plenty I regret. I made some pretty heinous fashion decisions (evidenced by the photos I saw last night). But we had some really good times, too.

Yeah, there was drama and some snarkiness. (I was on both the giving and receiving end.) There were some cliques, and not everyone got along 100% of the time, but everyone was still friends with everyone, which makes my high school experience kind of unique.

It’s just nice to know there’s a group of people out there that, no matter how many years you’ve been separated, you can pick right back up with like you’ve never missed a second.

Today, I’m thankful for old friends and great memories.

No comments: