Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Strange Things are Happening

Mercury is in Retrograde.

Did you know that? I didn’t. Not until a lovely Deb pointed this out to me. What does this mean? A lot of frustrating things are happening right now. There’s appliance trouble (which explains why my vacuum cleaner blew up on Sunday and not, as the guy who I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online originally suspected: that I vacuum on the wrong setting). There’s misinformation and miscommunication and delays (which explains why I’m stuck in the proverbial waiting room, checking my email for news a thousand times a day). One website even said to take extra precaution to stay healthy. Guess whose entire family has a cold right now? Yep. That’d be mine.

Honestly, I’m not completely into horoscopes. I read them occasionally. My opinion is if I like what it has to say—awesome. I believe every word. If I’m not impressed, well, then horoscopes are stupid.

In this case, I like the idea that there’s a cosmological reason for why things aren’t going so well lately.

The good news? Things should shift back to normal by next week.

By then, my new vacuum will be here, my cold should be gone, and maybe some of those emails I’ve been waiting for will start showing up.

In the meantime, I’m hunkered down, working on revisions, and brainstorming a new writing project that will *hopefully* take me through the summer.

If weird things are happening to you, let me know!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: