Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Five

Five Reasons Why You Should Watch Remember Me:

1. Robert Pattinson. Okay. This is like, a given. But I have to say, I’m totally digging R-Patz as Tyler Hawkins. Possibly even more than Edward Cullen. (gasp!) I know. He has proven he is more than a sparkly vampire. And hey—I adore him as a sparkly vampire.

2. A freakishly unexpected plot twist. I know that not everyone is going to like the ending, but if nothing else, it’s poetic, and I appreciate the writers and the filmmakers portraying what *needed* to happen as opposed to. . . . I don’t want to spoil it for you, so I’m stopping here.

3. Great characters. Seriously. Tyler is one of the most complex “heroes” I’ve seen in a while.

4. Great writing. Even the guy I’m sort of married to but not allowed to talk about online laughed at the funny parts, and he totally went into this movie *not* wanting to like it. In the end, he was as floored as me. I think he’d give it a B, and we have *very* different tastes when it comes to films.

5. Because it’s a good movie. Pay no attention to what the critics said. Thousands of Yahoo users can’t be wrong, and they gave this film an A. So do I. And I don’t like giving A’s. Just ask my students.

And a bonus # 6: Seriously. You could do worse than staring at Robert Pattinson for two hours.



Enjoy your weekend!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: