Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Five Midnight Edition

My Very Late Friday Five should be a list of reasons why I haven’t blogged lately. But it’s not. Just a bunch of randomness and what I’ve been up to these last few weeks:

1. So . . . my July came and went (July was my one vacation month). The classes are slowly beginning to kick into gear, but August is manageable. I took that time off and went on a personal NaNoWriMo writing binge and knocked out 50,000 words in 30 days.

Wouldn’t you know it: I hate every last word. Seriously.

The good news is I am not a writer. I am a re-writer. And I will rewrite this thing until I get it right. Whatever that means.

2. I haven’t taken my Michael Buble CD out of the car all month. I *am* obsessed.

3. On Sunday I’m going to see Norah Jones. We’re dropping the baby girl off at the grandparents for the night. She’s excited. I don’t think the grandparents have recovered from the last time she slept over, though. I tried to tell them: you can’t let her talk you into a movie at 9pm. She *won’t* fall asleep while she’s watching it. Even in the dark. And popcorn? That’s just a bad idea, period.

4. The MiMi (my mom) and Me took the baby girl to see Annie (The Musical) last week. It was very cool because we got to see Andrea McArdle (the original Broadway Annie) play Miss Hannigan. Daddy Warbucks was played by Robert Newman, better known as Josh from Guiding Light. When I asked for his autograph I totally tried to play off my excitement as “my mom loved you and watched Guiding Light all the time when I was younger,” but I totally remember when I was in high school and Reva drove off that bridge. And Robert? He is *way* handsome and endearing, and I’m kind of infatuated even though he’s totally old enough to be my dad.



When I saw him, his head was shaved and he was donning a fedora.
He wrote my name. In Sharpie. (sigh)

5. And finally, a special thank you and shout out to all my writer friends, especially those of you who talk me off the ledge. You know who you are.

Have a great weekend!
Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: