Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Eddie!

Today is Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, so I feel it's only right to wish the author whose stories and poems continue to creep me out a happy day. Am disappointed the Poe Toaster seems to have retired, though. The annual trek to leave roses and cognac is a fitting tribute, I think. Poe would have approved. And I am just enough of a nerd to have been one of the "watchers" had I the opportunity.

In other Poe news, a search today revealed that there is a new movie called The Raven In post-production right now.

John Cusack makes a dashing Poe. Don't you think?











In honor of Eddie, and if you have some extra time, go here to read some of his works. I'm partial to "Annabel Lee." Always.

Have a Great Day, Everyone!

Love,

~Leigh~

No comments: