Friday, January 21, 2011

My Playlist

Music inspires me more than anything else, I think, and my taste is *so* eclectic that barely any patterns emerge in my playlists. Indie Rockers, 80's power ballads, pop divas, classical. . . . It's kind of insane, actually. I do tend to prefer slow, intense songs because these directly relate to the stories I write. I like songs that move me emotionally; make me feel something I can transfer over to my writing.

So, in honor of Friday, here are the three newest "favs" on my playlist:

1. "This Year's Love" by David Gray

I am clearly going through a David Gray phase, and I had this song on repeat yesterday while I was working on my WIP; one scene in particular.

2. "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri

This song is *epic* and I listened to it so much last week that I've actually had to take a temporary break from it, because I was literally waking up in the middle of the night singing it. And, you know, I am evil without sleep.

3. "Boston" by Augustana

This is one of the newest additions. Clearly, I love my boys angsty and with stringy hair. In reality, I would probably say: "Suck it up and find a brush."

What? You're surprised Michael Buble isn't on this list? Yeah, me too; but then . . . he brushes his hair. Or, you know, has people to do that kind of stuff for him.

Have a great weekend!

Love,

~Leigh~

No comments: