Friday, November 16, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 16

*Halfway Done* Officially.

That’s the good news. The bad news is I’ve been something of an insomniac lately. You know—not going to bed until after 2am and not sleeping soundly and feeling mega-tired throughout the day. I guess it’s attributed to the fact that I’m writing a lot, and listening to a lot of music at night (and eating chocolate ice cream at 11:00pm). I think my brain is on information overload. Usually after I write a book I’ll take a break. Since I wasn’t sure I was going to do NaNo until about two weeks before it began, I didn’t really take into account that I was wrapping up another book. That means I’ve been *seriously* writing since August—almost four months straight. This is not working for my mental health. I’ve already designated December as a *no novel writing month* (NoNoWriMo) so I can enjoy the holidays, and start the New Year refreshed, with my batteries charged.

Of course, this is probably just history repeating itself. This will be the first year *ever* that I’m not stressing about finals or research papers. Maybe my body is just conditioned to be stressed out from November until the first week of December. My heart goes out to everyone in college; those who are wrapping up their semesters. I’m feeling your pain (psychologically, at least).

Time: 3:55pm

3: loads of laundry done
1: loads of dishes done
3: pieces of chocolate candy consumed

25,107: NaNo words written
24,893: words to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey You!

First, congratulations for making it to the half way mark. Time to get ready for round 2 now!

Secondly, you said "My heart goes out to everyone in college; those who are wrapping up their semesters. I’m feeling your pain (psychologically, at least)."

Just remember what it was like as a student when you start your new job teaching. In other words, be a mother and do not let your students have to go through the same things you had to go through :-)

In the meantime, I think I'll be heading your way this weekend to Barnes and Nobles to grab a copy of a few of the books that you reccomended via email. Got any Starbuck suggestions while I am there as I have never did the Starbucks thing before and I think we now have what three of them in the Emerald City?