Monday, November 5, 2007

NaNoWriMo Day 5

I mentioned the other day that, when I’m writing, I give the voices in my head complete control. Well, you probably won’t be surprised to know that I talk to myself, too. Really, even when I’m not writing, the voices talk, and I talk back.

This morning I was getting ready to go out, fixing my hair and whatnot, and I started talking to someone in my head. Like, if I saw this person today, I imagined what they would say and what I’d say back. And I realized, after a few minutes, I was having a whole conversation in my mind that didn’t even exist. Thankfully I can “write off” that kind of behavior, because I consider it part of my job. It’s research, honestly. But still strange, especially now that I’m aware of it. J

In the meantime, Kathryn Kennedy did a great job with the NaNo article in the Reflector on Saturday, and I heard that it was even passed around my family reunion in my absence. What I’m not supposed to know is that the only reason it made it to the reunion was because someone was using it to line the car so their dish wouldn’t spill. But I forgive them . . . it’s better than lining the dog crate, which is where my newspapers usually end up!

Thanks to everyone who’s keeping track of me this month! I’m feeling the pressure, really.

Time: 2:30pm
2: pieces of Halloween candy consumed
1: pieces of chocolate/peanut butter fudge consumed
5,118: number of NaNo words written
44,882: words to go

No comments: