1. I moved this weekend. It began when power to my current house shut off at on Friday, and it hasn’t stopped yet. I was in the middle of washing clothes when the power was turned off, so I literally had to pull wet clothes out of the washer and throw them on the back deck, then scoop water out with a cup. I also had to fish around a pitch black bathroom that night in search of my contacts. (You have not seen dark until you’re in a room with no windows in the middle of a dark house nearing . V. Scary).
In addition to cardboard boxes and packing tape, there was also a 3-foot black snake involved (shudders). More material for the books I write, I suppose.
2. It’s Sunday afternoon and I’m in my hew house, but I’m *exhausted*. The fact that I work from my couch is completely evident this weekend. The pads of my feet are killing me.
3. I have a backlog of papers to grade, so it will be a v. busy Monday and Tuesday (at least). I also have an inbox full of emails to reply to, so if you’ve emailed me in the last four or five days, don’t worry: you’re flagged, and I haven’t forgotten about you.
4. Here’s my blog tour schedule for the week:
Week of May 3-May 9
5/3 Kristin Walker http://walkwrite.livejournal.com
(What I would’ve been if not a writer)
5/4 Kimberly Derting http://kderting.livejournal.com/
(Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?)
5/5 Rhonda Stapleton http://rhondastapleton.blogspot.com/
(My favorite cafeteria meal in high school!)
5/6 Jennifer Brown http://jenniferbrown09.livejournal.com/
(How does Wrenn Scott eat a Reeses?)
5/7 Kristina Springer http://kspringer.livejournal.com/
(The worst thing I did in high school that I didn’t get caught for)
5/8 Jon Skovron http://jonnyskov.com
(Why I prefer pirates!)
(The hardest part of writing One Wish)
5. I can’t believe it’s already May. What happened?? At the end of the month I’ll be heading to NYC for Book Expo
Back to work!
P.S. I'm not sure why my line breaks aren't showing lately, but it's getting on my nerves.