Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon

In case you haven’t heard, New Moon opens today. If you haven’t heard, well, I’m wondering what rock you’re living under, because I’d like to share it with you. It goes without saying that I *will* be seeing this movie very soon. Hopefully soon*er*, or, as *soon as possible*. It’s so bad in my household that every time the movie trailer comes on, all work/play/conversation ceases. It’s so bad that my four year old, who has never seen the movie or read the books (for obvious reasons), has been drawing pictures of Edward and Bella ALL WEEK LONG. And yes, she knows them by name. She points out the pictures and movies and posters in stores, and she recognizes the books by their covers.

Is it possible for a four year old to be a Twilighter?

I think so.

The truth is, though, that I can’t wait until she’s older and I can share the books with her (have sort of a mother/daughter book club thing) and watch the movies. . . .

And when she turns to me and says, “Mom, I’m so Team Edward,” I will sigh with happiness, because that means I’ve raised her right.

I know the guy who I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online is rolling his eyes as he reads this. I have but one thing to say to him: you promised to take me to the theater to see New Moon. Remember? As if you would ever forget. . . .

In other news, the two of us are cooking Thanksgiving dinner together. We’ll see how that goes.

(My child just walked over and handed me a picture she drew of Bella “as a skeleton.” Wow. Maybe there’s a vampires vs zombies sequel I don’t know about. . . .)

Have a great day, everyone!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: