Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Five: New Moon Edition

1. So yes, I finally managed to see New Moon yesterday. Did I love it? ABSOLUTELY! I’m always worried about sequels to movies I like, because I feel they’ll never live up to a) my expectations and/or b) the hype. New Moon was Made of Awesome. The End.

2. Instead of a “date night,” the guy I’m sorta married to but not allowed to talk about online ended up letting the little brother tag along with us. The ‘lil bro is on Team Cullen, too, though, so it worked out. Specifically, he’s Team Alice. What can I say? She’s pretty cute.

3. As I grow older . . . wait, that makes me sound ancient. Rewind. The more movies I watch, the more aware I am of various subtleties in films. Especially in terms of writing and cinematography. I really liked not only the effects in New Moon, but some of the camera work as well. My favorite? The scene where the camera circles Bella as the months pass.

4. I practically ate my weight in movie theater popcorn. Then that heavy, sick feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. It’s good that I rarely hit the theater to watch movies (we’re a Blockbuster family), because right now? I don’t care if I ever see another piece of popcorn again.

5. New Moon was awesome. I can’t wait for Eclipse. Stephenie Meyer is brilliant. But that’s me stating the obvious.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Love,
~Leigh~

No comments: