Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Five: Melissa Joan Hart Edition

TBS keeps screwing with my morning programming. Saved by the Bell wasn’t running for a few days this week, and you know: that’s the *only* thing that keeps me on the treadmill, so it’s like, ESSENTIAL that they stop doing this or I will turn into a blob that has to be peeled off my couch. . . .

Or maybe not, because ABC Family is showing reruns of:

1. Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I officially have a back-up plan!

I mean, how cool would it be to zap the living room clean? Have dinner on the table in five seconds? Piles of papers graded in under a minute? Yeah, I could deal.

Now, I have *always* liked Melissa Joan Hart, starting with:

2. Clarissa Explains it All. Was there ever a cooler show? And why didn’t I have a cute next door neighbor climbing into my second-floor window?

And then there’s. . . .

3. Holiday in Handcuffs. Yes, it’s a cheesy Made for TV Christmas movie.

And maybe I shouldn’t admit that Mario Lopez is what sold me, but it has *easily* become one of my Christmas favorites. So Slay Me. (Sleigh Me?) (groans).

And then there’s the Holiday in Handcuffs knockoff for year-round:

4. My Fake Fiance. Which I just saw for the first time (on Hulu) a few weeks ago. And then I watched it again. And again. And (coughs) again.

And yes: another cheesy Made for TV movie. But I loved it. Seriously. But it could have something to do with. . . .

(coughs). Yeah.

Which brings me to Melissa and Joey’s new sitcom:

5. Um . . . Melissa and Joey. Which I have been watching faithfully for the last few weeks and is kind of funny and includes two of my favorite Made for TV people.

I mean, we have neurotic and adorable and someone I can totally relate to:

And. . . .

Need I say more? Didn't think so.

Have a Great Weekend!

Love,

~Leigh~

No comments: